A Complete Rewrite of jQuery Wheel Color Picker
It’s been two years since the first version of jQuery Wheel Color Picker plugin is out. Now the brand new version 2 is finally released featuring a complete rewrite and so many new good things to try!
So the question is, why should we have a complete rewrite? Isn’t the first one is already working. In the first version, there were fundamental limitations that we couldn’t add new features to it.
A few new features to name:
- Multiple instances. Now one page can have multiple color pickers!
- Alternative layout. Beside the color picker popup, There’s a new ‘block’ layout to keep the color picker visible at all times,
- New HSV (HSB) color space. In case you need this value.
- Color sliders. There are 6 color component sliders, S, V, R, G, B, A, to allow user select a color precisely. And they could be hidden if you don’t need it. By default, only the wheel, saturation, and value sliders which will be displayed.
- Preview box. In addition to live preview on the input box, there’s an additional preview box on the popup.
Grab The Code
The new version 2.0.3 can be downloaded here.